The Staff Selection Exam or popularly known as the SSC exam is conducted by SSC for posts that have plenty of vacancies. Some of the posts are for Graduate Level assistants, auditors, Upper division clerks, Income Tax Inspectors, Jr. Accountants, Auditors, Sub-Inspectors in Central Police Organizations, CBI and Section Officer for Commercial and Audit. The Matric Level posts are Stenographer grade C, stenographer grade D and Lower division clerks are selected by direct interviews called selection posts.
The applications are invited through advertisements in news papers. When there are vacancies created for the posts, the SSC invites application.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Important Dates
Part I – registration from 20-07-2013 to 14-08-2013
Part II – registration 16-08-2013
Last date – 16-08-2013
Exam date – 10-11-2013 and 17-11-2013
Candidates should note the important dates that will be published in the news papers. Along with it, the dates will also be published online on the official website as well.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Exam Schemes
The SSC conducts combined graduate level exams, Combined Matric level exam. Those who are graduates in any discipline will appear for Combined Graduate level exams and those who are High school pass or 10th grade pass will appear for Combined Matric level exam. All the candidates have to qualify in the prelims so that they can take the Mains exam. After qualifying in the Mains, candidates will be called for Personal interview. Some of the Matric level exam candidates are also required to pass Skill test or typing or stenography exam. For such posts no prelims are held.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Exam Eligibility Criteria
The age limit for various posts is different. They are also published in the newspapers or the Employment news or Rozgar Samachar.
- The age limit for most of the posts is 18 to 27.
- Reserved category candidates get a relaxation of 5 years and OBC get 3 years. For the physically handicapped it is 10 years/
- Some posts need graduation level education qualification.
- There are some posts that require candidates to have Matric level education.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The SSC exam pattern is as follows:
- English syllabus comprise of Idioms, Phrases, vocabulary, sentence structure, grammar, synonyms, error correction antonyms etc.
- General Intelligence comprises of Space visualization, analysis, non verbal seires, similarities and differences, judgment, visual memory, figure classification, relationship concepts, problem solving, arithmetical number series, discriminating observation etc.
- General Awareness topics are geography, history, life science, scientific research, physical science, current affairs, sports, economics etc.
- Numerical ability contains topics like relationship between numbers, ratio and proportions, fundamental arithmetical operations, profit and loss, ratio and time, time and work, profit and loss, percentages, decimals and fractions, averages, time and work etc.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Tier 1
Tier 1 is a common exam for all categories of posts and comprises of MCQ pattern. All the four sections comprise of 50 marks. Candidates can give the exam in English or Hindi medium. The duration is 2 hours.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Tier 2
Tier 2 is also an objective type exam and is conducted for two days. There are three papers and depends on the candidates post to choose how many papers he/she will appear in. each section will be of 200 marks. Paper I is arithmetical ability of 200 marks. Paper II is English language of 200 marks and Paper II is commerce/math/statistics/economics of 200 marks.
SSC – Staff Selection Commission Exam Application Form
Candidates should log on the official website www.ssconline.nic.in and fill the form that is provided online. Candidate’s form will be accepted if candidate pays the registration fees, which is for the candidates in the general category.
Candidates in the reserved category or as per the rules of the government will not pay any registration fees.
Fees can be paid either online or through the bank that the SSC board has directed.