The exam is held every year for various posts and is also known to be a prestigious job that is well respected. However, the exams are of a difficult level and needs practice and revision before the exam date.
The examination is conducted to recruitment eligible candidates for job posts in the state of Gujarat.
Candidates who clear the exam will be appointed to the specific posts.
GPSC Important Dates
The important dates will be published in the newspaper or in the official website. Candidates should regularly check for the important dates like registration for online applications, last date of registration and the exam date. The result date will vary every year as it depends on various factors relating to it.
Exam date depends on which posts you wish to apply.
Eligibility for GPSC Entrance Exam
The candidates who wish to appear for the exam have to pass the eligibility criteria required by the government. It is important that the candidate produce the certificate and other necessary information regarding the eligibility at the right time and with the correct information.
- The age qualification for GPSC is a minimum 21 years and maximum age is 28.
- five years relaxation is available for reserved candidates or according to the advertisement published by Commission.
- Women in the reserved candidate get 10 years relaxation.
- Women candidate in the general category also have relaxation of 5 years.
- Physically disabled candidate also get relaxation in age.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India or other countries according to the rules put forth by the commission.
How to Apply for GPSC Exam
Application can be obtained in various manners:
- Candidate can get the form from the office of Commission
- Published application should be obtained as per the format.
- Candidate can download application from official website
- Photocopy of application form can be obtained.
- Candidates in the general category should avail application form by paying Rs. 50/- in cash or by post to “The secretary, Gujarat Public Services Commission, Ahmadabad”.
- Forms obtained through various means should be filled accordingly and the payment fees mentioned.
GPSC Exam Syllabus
The Gujarat Public Service Commission exam comprises of two parts one is the Preliminary exam and the second is the Mains exam. The preliminary exam is the eligibility exam, which means if the candidates pass in this exam, he/she can appear for the mains exam. The preliminary exam comprises of two papers, one is general studies and the other is a subject selected by the candidate from the provided list. The Mains exam comprises of 5 sections called the Gujarat, English General studies, and the other two subjects selected by the candidate.
The syllabus generally covers topics of general science, current events, history of India, geography of India, polity and economy of India and general mental ability.
GPSC Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted based on the topics provided above. There are multiple choice questions for the preliminary exams and descriptive for the Mains exam. Each exam will be of 200 marks. Negative marks are given for wrong answers.
The exam is tough one to crack, which is why many candidates join coaching classes as they can get help from the classes, which help candidates learn the trick to crack the exam. After cracking the preliminary exam, the candidate has to crack the mains exam after which he/she is selected for the interview.