There are plenty of vacancies and posts to opt for. The interested candidate has to be aware of the advertisements that are published in leading news papers and employment news.
Every candidate should know about the recruitment method and also the exam pattern and syllabus which are very essential for successful results.
To be able to appear for the exam, it is necessary that candidate know the eligibility criteria for the post. Remember, every post demands different criteria. Candidates should know about it. Given here is a general eligibility criterion for CGPSC.
Eligibility Criteria For CGPSC
Every competitive exam comes with eligibility criteria. Candidates should fit well to be qualified for the exam.
1. Candidate should be a citizen of India
2. Education qualification of the candidate should be a degree holder from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification
3. Candidate with technical and professional qualifications will also eligible.
4. The age of the candidate should be 21 years and not above 30 years on 1st January.
5. Age relaxation is provided for candidates who are in the reserved category. The upper age limit prescribed is five years.
6. Age relaxation is also provided for other categories as well.
7. Some posts also need candidates to qualify in the physical aspect as well.
How to Apply for CGPSC
Application form can be obtained online from the official website. Candidates should fill the online form accordingly. You also have to select the post for which you are applying and submit it to the commission. Online form should be filled on the date notified in the news papers. You also have to print the application form so that you also have a copy of it.
Application fee or exam fee as applicable should be paid through online or through any branch of State bank of India.
Exam Pattern Of CGPSC
The exam is a combined competitive exam that comprises of successive stages. One is the preliminary exam and for the selected candidates there is the Main examination and interview.
The preliminary exam comprises of one paper of objective type questions with multiple choice. The subjects are General studies and mental ability. The paper carried 300 marks and has 150 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks. The duration is of 2 ½ hours.
The Mains exam with have four papers of 300 marks each. They are General studies, Language, and optional papers 3 and 4. There are around 25 optional papers that you can choose from. Only one subject is to be selected from the list and there will be two papers of optional subjects. All the papers will be conducted for 2.30 hours. All the 4 papers will be of objective type and has multiple choice questions. Each question will comprise of 4 probable answers. Question paper will be in Hindi and English language only.